March Forth for Students on March 4th!
The parent voice is the most ignored and underutilized voice in education.
As parents, we want to partner with our teachers and decision-makers, and let them know our kids must be the priority in education. However, one of the recurring comments we get from our members is that they do not know how to contact their legislators or what to say to them.
We are here to help.
This March 4th is going to be a Day of Empowerment for parents, voters, taxpayers, and any person that cares about ensuring students are first in education. We are calling it:
March Forth for Students!
On March 4th, we are going to let legislators in Sacramento hear our voices as we March Forth for Students and demand they come first. We are done watching children in every zip code fail in a system that refuses to change direction to ensure choices, high quality education, and accountability for all students.
It is time to let our voices be heard!
Now, do not worry about what you need to do. We have it all planned out for you with the help of Phone2Action.
It’s never been easier to contact your legislators.
Here’s what you do on March 4th:
- Follow the Parents Advocate League links either by email, Twitter, or Facebook.
- Click here and use Phone2Action’s technology:
- Enter your name and address
- Your legislators’ email, Twitter, and Facebook pages
- Use the text we have provided and ask legislators to come right up. make our kids the priority in education OR you can edit our emails and write your own email.
- Click send and share on your Twitter and/or Facebook page to let others join our March Forth for Students.
You are done!
You are one email or social media post will have helped so many students while holding our legislators accountable to our children’s education.
One more thing, we will have a small team of PALs up in Sacramento following up with legislators and their staff. We will be regular video updates on PALs Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram showing you how we are doing and which legislators heard from you, our PALs!
Join us on March 4th. The students of California need your voice to help make them a priority in education. Will you March Forth for Students with us on March 4th?