Education policies are decided all the time that can affect the quality of education of your child. Stay “in the know” by tracking education policies at Bill Search on the Official California State Legislation website. Search a specific bill or use the “keyword” section to find something that interests you and your family or community. It takes less than 5 minutes with 6 easy steps:
1. Find your California State representative here.
2. Enter your address and click “locate.”
3. Click “Assembly and Senate Member Link” to visit their website for contact information.
4. Find both their Sacramento office and local office numbers.
5. Call them! Call one or both numbers. Tell them your thoughts about a specific bill and how it will affect your child. Sometimes the receptionist simply keeps a tally of the calls that oppose or support a certain bill. It really is that easy!
6. Option 2: Email them your opinion and/or story. On your local legislator’s website click the link that says email/contact your member. Go for it!